Monday, August 4, 2008

#23 Yippee!

It feels good to be here (especially since the deadline tomorrow)! Although I have been frustrated at times, I have really enjoyed this experience. I'm glad I took good notes, though, because I will definitely need to go back and review some of the items.

I just loved the experience of creating and posting items on a blog. Creating an avatar was neat too. And I just don't think I could live without my Google home page! LOL! Other favorites included, making the Photostory, looking at TeacherTube and YouTube videos, and reading other people's blogs. I also feel as if I've learned a new language--and for that, I'm grateful. It's neuroplasticity in action!

It is important to me to stay up-to-date with everything. I thought I was doing a pretty good job; however, this program made me realize that I was lagging behind in the technological world. I was surprised to find out that there's so much out there and it's expanding daily!

For the most part, I found the 23 Things format user friendly; however, I spent a lot of time searching other people's blogs when the information was not clear. For example, (although I did not have trouble personally), a lot of people seem to struggle with posting their PhotoStories and podcasts. I found directions on Vaughn's blog, Library2Play, but it would be nice if those directions were posted directly.

Being able to go through the program on my own time was wonderful. I had mixed feelings about reaching this point. It felt good to look back and see all that I accomplished. On the other hand, I was sad to see it end. I would certainly participate in another program like this (and I really hope one will be offered in the future).

To sum up the program: definitely (yes, it is my favorite word) worth the time and effort!

And now, I'm off to continue my journey. I know this is just the beginning....

1 comment:

VWB said...

don't think you are lagging anymore!
Congratulations on completing your technology journey.