Thursday, July 10, 2008

#16 The Wonderful World of Wikis

My favorite wikis so far are the Book Lovers Wiki and the Sample Literary Circle Wiki (10th Grade English). These would both be great for classroom use. I can totally see kids posting book reviews and literature discussions in these formats. I also liked all of the Curriculum Connections. I was wondering, however, how do you create a wiki that is protected (like SBISD's sandbox portion)? I haven't read ahead to see if that's one of the assignments. But if I used wikis in the classroom, I would want to make sure that only students in my class could add to/edit them. So, if you know how, please let me know!

On another note: Although my son refers to them as "retarded", I must say that I love all of the CommonCraft videos. They are hilarious! I love how the author shoves papers off of the table and says, "Boo!" with a thumbs down sign. It's a little corny I must admit, but I like the simplicity and they clearly get their message across.

And my favorite part about the whole 23 Things experience ... Wow! I'm learning a second language!

2 comments:

VWB said...

when you set up your wiki, you have the opportunity to set the parameters/restrictions as to has access, etc.

Amie Graves said...

That's easy enough- thanks!