Wednesday, July 14, 2010

11:5: Thing #5

I've been a facebook junkie for quite awhile now. I use facebook to stay connected with my own kids, their friends, people at church, etc. I am also a big gamer and facebook certainly has some addicting sites. I also tweet from time to time but do not use it as much as facebook. I currently use Twitter to stay up to date on the latest Perry Stone videos and Lemonade Day events.

For the classroom, facebook is a good way to stay in touch. Twitter and back channeling could be used to keep up with other classmates' posts and ideas, without all of the distractions of games, apps., groups, etc. that are found on facebook. Cyberbullying would need to be monitored.

I would be interested to hear how other people are using these apps. in the classroom.

No comments: