Wednesday, July 14, 2010

11:5: Thing #6

I've owned an iPod Touch for a couple of years now. I use it many to listen to music and access an audio Bible. It's also good for staying in touch through facebook and twitter as well as checking e-mail. And I love using my Kindle application! It's not as good as the real thing, but it works. Had I not already purchased the iPod, I would have bought the iPad. Although the iPad is bigger (and bigger is better, right?), it doesn't make sense to own both, though.

I orginally bought the iPod so that students could easily make, edit, and listen to podcasts of their book club discussions.

From reading all of the posts, it seems that some of the biggest advantages the iPod include giving students easy access to the internet, podcasts and word processing apps. such as, Google Docs. One of my favorite apps. is Dragon Dictation, which turns speech into text (it is similar to DragonSpeak). For more information, check out: http://www.usatoday.com/tech/columnist/edwardbaig/2010-01-13-dragon-dictation-iphone_N.htm.
I am attending a staff development presentation on using the iPod in the classroom during TeacherU, so I am looking forward to gathering new ideas.

No comments: