Sunday, June 12, 2011

RCE: 11 Tools, Tool 7: Reaching Outside your Classroom: Online Digital Projects

I could work with the librarian and other teachers on my campus/ in my district. I would like to eventually collaborate with another classroom in a different state or country.

I would like to try the following:

Content objective: This unit would encompass a wide variety of TEKS/ objectives but the main focus of the lesson would be to provide students with the necessary tools to make a difference/ impact in the world, around a unit of study such as, health lifestyles, bullying, childhood labor, ending world hunger, etc.

When you plan to implement: Jan.-May

What tool(s) you plan to use: Socratic Seminars , Diigo , Today's Meet, and perhaps epals.

A brief description of the project: I would like to start an open-ended inquiry circle unit with another classroom. To get started, it would be best if each classroom conducted a curricular based inquiry unit in the fall in order to model and guide the process. I will probably reconstruct the healthy eating inquiry unit I started last year, mainly because I have collected student resources and student examples of going public. Then in the spring, the kids could collaborate with another classroom and choose their own topics for inquiry.

Anyone interested?

1 comment:

RCELibrarian said...

i am so excited for next year...I can just see where your class will go!
Your comments have been fabulous...you've gone in to detail!!!! I'm sure your comments will help others!