Wednesday, June 11, 2008

#2 Lifelong Learning

Gosh! Where do I start? I find it hard to choose just one strength and weakness to focus on since the 7 1/2 habits are all interrelated. The easiest habits for me are: beginning with the end in mind, accepting responsibility for my own learning, and creating my own toolbox. I have always believed that we are in charge of our own lives. I tend to be very goal driven and independent (although I like to receive input from others). I am a very big believer in accepting responsibility--not only for one's own learning--but in everything we do. Nothing gets accomplished when the blame is shifted or excused away. And of course, we can always, and should, strive to do better--everything can be improved upon.
The hardest habits for me are viewing problems as challenges and playing. Sometimes--OK, most of the time--I take life too seriously. I don't like to encounter problems (face it--who does?). I can get easily frustrated at times and often find myself wanting to just throw in the towel. Of course, that rarely happens. Once I have time to contemplate the problem and thinking about possible solutions, I feel better. I would like to work on viewing problems as challenges. The thing that really resonated with me was "don't say it or think it unless you want it to become true." I think that just might become my new motto!

1 comment:

Grendel said...

That would be a good motto for me, too. Thanks!